Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The Angels From America Spoke: YES WE CAN!!!



CONGRATULATIONS AMERICA!!! CONGRATULATIONS WORLD!!!

LOOK UP, LOOK UP!!!

It's not very Zen of me, but I cannot contain my happiness! I don't remember the last time I felt so utterly hopeful!

It's been a long time coming...

To be on the East side of Earth for this wonderful day is humbling. The day belongs to every person around the world who said NO to fear! Around me, I meet people who feel planetary today.

To quote my teacher, Tony Kushner:

"The great work begins!"

All forms of theatre, all action can be theurgic ways of repairing the self, the nations, the world.

Do lots of yoga, meditation, eat well, die anyway--but love the people in your life with ferocity and unconditional kindness.

"To do this, every Kabbalist on earth would sell his right nut." (Rabbi Chemelwitz, Act 5, Scene 6, ANGELS IN AMERICA)

The time is now.

No comments: