Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Yoga on the MTA

Maybe it's just me... do you know how it seems when you learn a new word "all of the sudden" you hear or read it quite a bit. The question of coincidence--or an explanation for coincidence--is beyond the scope of this blog. However, one thing is certain, the more one is out of the apartment doing something, the greater the chance for synesthetic happenstance.

Case in point: After yoga tonight, I left the studio, and walked to the 6 train on Canal. In the station, I bumped into an actress I had worked with previously. She told me that she was coming home from work, a nightclub gig. 

Then she told me this job was secured for her by the very same person who inspired me towards studying yoga. 

Furthermore, this actress was looking for a studio in which to study kundalini yoga. I referred her to mine (Golden Bridge) and so the triangle was complete.

But there was more: at the next stop, as we were discussing the benefits of various styles, an entire class of yoga students from another school, hugger muggers dangling, got on the subway and started a sacral chant. It was sort of in jest, but after a while the whole car (half of which was taken up by the class) was either listening or participating in the chant. 

Summer in NYC. Get out of your apartment, right?

No comments: